We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
A PPG can
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
- Help the practice improve their services
- Help the practice make the best use of their resources
- Improve communication
- Help to promote good health
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
A PPG is not
- A forum for complaints
- A fundraising organisation
- A time consuming activity
To help us with this, we have a virtual patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather around a hundred patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy to join, please complete our Patient Reference Group Registration Form.