Practice Patient Group
At Whitwell Surgery we want to work with our patients to provide the best care and support we can, and our Practice Patient Group (PPG) helps with this.
Our PPG is a group of patients, carers and staff who meet to discuss topics of mutual interest including service issues, new innovations and patient experience. The PPG supports good communication between the practice and patients and is a way for patients to become more involved in the work of the practice.
The PPG can:
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery, or pass on feedback, suggestions, comments or queries received from other patients.
- Review patient complaints and patient feedback from patient surveys and the ‘friends and family test’. The PPG can use this information to propose service improvements and contribute to action plans to help improve services.
- Support health awareness and wider patient education.
- Help make the practice work more efficiently by identifying changes that may not have been considered.
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
For patients, being part of the PPG is a way of contributing to the NHS and the wider community whilst having their voice heard and helping bring about change and improvements. It is also an opportunity to find out more about the NHS and healthcare provision and is a great way to meet new people and develop new skills, such as negotiation and dealing with people.
Anyone over the age of 16 can join the PPG. There is no limit on numbers, and you don’t need any prior experience or training. The most important thing is that you are keen and focused on taking positive action to help the practice and the local patient population.
Our PPG meets with the practice team a few times a year, to discuss ways we can improve our surgery. Our current Chair is Linda Brett.
You can find out more by reading the Terms of Reference and Membership for our PPG.
Contact the Practice Patient Group
You can use the form below to send a message to our PPG
- If you are interested in joining the PPG the Chair, Linda Brett, would be very pleased to hear from you. Complete and submit the form to ask any questions you have or to express an interest in joining.
- Send your feedback, suggestions, comments or questions about Whitwell Surgery so that the PPG can look into these or take these up with the practice on your behalf.
Please note: The PPG is not there to take up complaints on your behalf so do not use this form to make a complaint. Follow this link to find out how to make a complaint.